The Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation has a strong local affiliation with Danfoss and Southern Jutland. For many local organisations in Southern Jutland, the Foundation is indispensable for realising projects and investments.
In the current Covid-19 pandemic, BMC is aware of its responsibility for local projects and investments initiated over the past few years. Several of these face heavy losses in connection with the country's crisis.
In this context, BMC is taking due care and adjusting its commitment to each project in a way that ensures the best long-term solution. Any new donations related to Covid-19 will depend on the Foundation's trust and concentrate on the local area and/or Danfoss interests.
In relation to projects already under way, the primary focus is to help them as best as possible through the Corona crisis. In this connection, the Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation is making the following commitments:
- To cooperate with the project owners in every way in order to ensure that the target groups are affected as little as possible during and after the pandemic. In dialogue with the adversely affected projects, solutions are sought to minimise the negative impact in terms of execution, schedules, finances, etc.
- To be flexible if supported projects cannot be completed as agreed. In this case, the project owners are encouraged to contact the BMC to agree on alternative ways to realise the projects. Donations will not be refunded in this regard.
- To agree that deadlines are not critical. If the current crisis makes it impossible to comply with previously agreed schedules, a new and realistic plan can be presented to the BMC.
- Donations will be paid out as agreed unless a project is cancelled or closed down.
- That all projects are handled individually based on the request of the project owners themselves. The projects are different and have their own target groups – this is taken into account.
- If additional donations are needed to realise an already initiated project, the BMC is prepared to assess this.
Together with Danfoss, the Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation is busy learning from this crisis. All the knowledge gathered must result in an action plan so that in any similar crises in the future we can act quickly and decisively. The intention is to mitigate the negative consequences for both the company and projects that depend on donations/investments from the Foundation.